Local Leaders of Education (LLEs)
Local Leaders of Education, known as LLEs, are serving headteachers with some outreach capacity to support colleagues in other schools in their local area.
In December 2016, the designation of LLEs was devolved to Teaching School Alliances to enable them to accredit their own Local Leaders.
Applications are welcomed from experienced headteachers who meet the criteria to become an LLE. Those who regard themselves as not currently eligible, but perhaps working towards the eligibility, are still encouraged to complete an application and make it clear their status on their form.
Please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria listed here.
You also need to provide details of a referee to support your application. Your application must be supported by a reference from a sponsor who can comment on your ability to take on the role and commits to deploying you, should you be successful. Those eligible to provide a reference are:
- a DCS or second tier officer from your LA
- a Senior Representative form your Diocese
- Headteacher of a teaching school
- Headteacher of a teaching school alliance strategic partner, which has responsibility for school to school support
The reference form can be found here.
Please send your completed application form to :
Teaching School Administrator: email@example.com
(CASSA, Linton Village College, Cambridge Road, Linton, Cambridge CB21 4JB)
There are a number of stages to the assessment process, including:
- an initial verification of all data provided in Part A of your application , designed to ensure that all proposed LLEs meet the eligibility criteria
- assessment of Part B by an experienced team of professionals involved in school to school support
- review of the reference received
- a final designation panel representing our Teaching School Alliance